Friday, June 17, 2011

Bean Bag!

I finally finished it!  This should have been done a week ago, but I haven't been feeling the greatest - with headaches on top of everything.  I'm feeling much better today, so I finally got the zipper on this baby.
For those who are curious, this was supposed to be a wonderbag, but I realized that it was going to be much bigger than I originally thought, and that we would probably never use it.  Unfortunately, I ordered enough filling for 3 sets.  So I decided to use my scraps from the original bag, plus all that filling stuff, to make a bean bag instead!  It was hubby's idea, actually (the wonderbag looks like a funny shaped bean bag to start with).  He thought I would be able to make two - but he wanted them pretty big.  Well.  Turns out this one took all the filling we had.  But that's okay.  Now I get to make something else!
I made an inner bag, filled it with stuff, and sewed it up.  Then I used the scraps I've been piecing together to make the liner, which turned out a little bit big - better too big than too small.  Plus, it gives the bean bag plenty of room to be smooshed around.  The beads that we filled it with makes it a little stiffer than a regular bean bag, but I think it will be fun.
Here it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment