Thursday, October 11, 2012

Stocking Advent Calendar

About a year and a half ago I snatched up this "Ready Set Snow" charm pack (on sale!) by Me and My Sisters (I pretty much love all their fabric) with the intention to make some kind of Christmas advent calendar out of it.

I searched and searched looking for a cute idea and finally found THIS tutorial and decided it would be perfect!

And here I am, over a year later, with a finished (if not somewhat nontraditional) "advent calendar."  I ironed every single piece to freezer paper to make the cutting easier, and I used No Sew Heat and Bond  to attach the numbers (I even printed the numbers onto the Heat and Bond paper so I didn't have to trace anything).   I figured if I was going to make 24, I might as well take lots of shortcuts.  :)  There was lots of handwork (cutting and turning things inside out) done in front of the TV with the Hubby watching football and such.  I think that's why it went so quickly.  I could work on it pretty much anytime.  Even though I had to do each step 24 times.

I used ric rac and baby clothes pins for hanging.  Aren't they cute?


Now I just need to figure out what to put in them and where to hang them!  I'm so excited to have them ready early for Christmas this year.  Last year I was so busy having two babies around Christmas time, so I plan to make up for all the lack of Christmasy things this time around!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh that came up really well! Good job! What are you going to put in them?

    ReplyDelete