I made another pillow! I'm liking this trend and I already have a pillow design in mind for April. :)
I've been seeing lots and lots of plus quilts around lately, have you? I decided to try my hand at one in pillow form. And of course, in honor of St. Patties day in March, I made it all green. Lots of scraps went into this one. Wahoo!
For the quilting, I considered doing some matchstick quilting (have you heard? Matchstick quilting is THE thing lately). But in the end, I went with simple straight line quilting because I know that's what hubby likes best. He's so spoiled. :)
For the backing, I really wanted to use up the rest of those clover-like leaves, but it turns out I didn't have much left. Not quite enough to properly overlap in the back. So I added this little button to my envelope closure to keep everything from falling out. Also, I've been following Amy's Pillow Collective blog hop over at Amy's Creative Side. Many of her guest bloggers added binding to their pillows for a nice finished look, so I decided to give it a try and I LOVE it! It's so easy too. Win win!
Next up - Clamshells!
p.s. I need to link up my March goal with Shanna and Melissa over at ALYOF. I have a lot of projects to finish before the baby comes (T-minus 8 weeks!), but I'm choosing to finish my latest Do.Good Stitches quilt for my March goal. It's all basted and ditch quilted. I'm going to practice lots and lots of fun FMQ designs on this one. Wish me luck!


Very nice! You will have such a nice collection of pillows by the end of the year. And I love that charity quilt, everyone did a great job. Those stars are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love your quilt! Its gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely pillow and quilt! I love them both. I think I'd like to try that quilting pattern. I'll have to add it to my eternal list of quilts that I plan on making! :)
ReplyDeleteYour pillow is adorable and your quilting looks great! Your goal quilt is beautiful. Love the pattern and the fabrics are so fun. Good luck with your goals --- and the coming baby.
ReplyDeleteThat quilt is so beautiful! And I'm loving all the pillows you've been making. The button closure is too cute!
ReplyDelete