Thursday, April 14, 2011

A new BAG!

I finished another project... a Ruffle Bag!   I love it!  Hubby bought me this fabric for Christmas.  He knows just what I like.  I made/designed this bag all by myself with the help from a mish-mash of online tutorials.
It wasn't too hard, though, and came together fairly quickly.  My inspiration came from THIS bag and I found THIS website to be amazing!

 I just love the ruffles!
 And the fabric on the back is my favorite!
 Instead of using fusible interfacing, I used some cheap burlap (picked up from the remnants bin at WalMart) for the lining and it is stiff enough to keep its form.
 I wanted to make this bag wide enough to carry all the books/school stuff I usually haul back and forth between school and home (usually that's all I do with them - haul them back and forth :) - but at least now I can do it in style!)
Turns out this bag is PLENTY wide!  Love it anyway.  I think there are 7 or 8 books in there right now.  Much better than either the oversized backpack or the undersized purse I have been using!
I love it. 

I'm linking up to Clover and Violet today.  Which is a little scary because they are like the queens of bags...  But this project came entirely from my stash!



5 comments:

  1. What an adorable bag! I love the ruffles!

    I cut out three bags today...I think I have two more to cut out...then I'll be sewing some bags soon too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute bag. I thought about making a bag similar to that one when I had Kylie but ended up buying one. Anyway it is way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag is so bright and happy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I so love bags! This is really bright and fun, much better than a backpack ;). Thanks for linking up! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete