I finally finished my "Kitchen Windows" tablecloth!
It took FOREVER!! I wanted to quilt it really closely so that it wouldn't have too many bumpy spots. Or something like that. I was a little surprised when I completely ran out of thread (started with a brand new spool) when I still had two more sections left to quilt! But alas, it is finished.
I decided to use flannel for backing, but skipped the batting. So this tablecloth only has two layers but the back is nice and soft. Which, I'm sure will be useful for when we are eating dinner on it... If I decide to allow that...
I tried a couple of different quilting styles. I started with swirls in the sashing:
Then I got the great idea to try a couple of straight line sections. These sections lie the flattest and have the least amount of bumps. If I were to do another tablecloth (hey - Mom just said she wants one! Christmas will be easy this year), I will definitely do the whole thing with straight lines. It is also quite time consuming, but if I did a more overall design, it would be okay. Plus, it just looks/lies SO much better for a tablecloth!
Um, Excuse me, Lady. Why didn't you tell me you had a sewing blog?! Hello, I'm you BIGGEST (or tallest, haha.) fan! I am so excited to check it all out, and follow along- of course. This table cloth has some really cute fabrics, nice job with all the different quilting techniques! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteThat looks great!
ReplyDeleteOops! Sorry, Becky! I thought you knew... I've been wondering... did you know I have commented on your craft blog a couple of times? My picture is different, so I wondered if you even knew it was me. Well - now you know! Your blog is amazing too! I'm glad you are my tallest fan! Thanks for following!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope to make a tablecloth with Anna Maria's LouLouthi -- yours is great, thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThat looks wonderful. Great job!
ReplyDelete