Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Work in Progress

A couple of months ago I got myself into a project before learning what I was really getting into.  To make a long story short, I ended up not liking it AT ALL.  So I tore the whole thing apart and decided to use the fabric (and other supplies I had already paid for) to make something a little more useful to me.
This fabric has been cut and sewn back together so many times that it is impossible to tell what the original design was (which actually included a whole bunch of wonky four patch blocks in various sizes)!  Plus, I threw in ALL of my scraps from the previous project (plus a few more to make the fabric go a little farther).  It has been quite the process and I am going to end up with a VERY wonky and randomly pieced project!  I can't wait to show it to you when it is finished.  As you can see by the fabric choices, this project was originally intended for myself...
But for now, I thought it would be fun to share the re-pieced (and re-pieced again) panels.  Can you tell what it is going to be?  I still need to make a few more - but I actually ran out of fabric.  Oops.




2 comments:

  1. What was it originally, the project you didn't know what you were getting yourself into. I'm excited to see what you turn it into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you for turning it into something else! much better than tossing it, which is what i tend to do.

    happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete