![]() |
| SOURCE: The Student/Teacher via thelongthread.com |
It's not finished yet because I got a little distracted by an idea...
I want to make a quilt for someone in my life who doesn't seem quite so into the modern quilts that I love. I'm guessing she would like something more traditional - like what my Grandmothers used to make. I was having a VERY hard time thinking of something that would work, but still fit my style enough for me to be motivated to make it. Until I found this:
![]() | ||
| I CANNOT find the original source for this photo! I found it on Pinterest. I think this version of the pattern is by Larisa Key - called "Impulse", from an old issue of Quilter's World magazine. |
I'm thinking of using this fabric, which is part of a giveaway from Red Pepper Quilts that I was VERY, VERY lucky to win...
Although I am tempted to throw in the orange and brown...
I printed out a coloring page and set to work trying to decide exactly how I wanted my design to work. Of course, the colors aren't true to form (I don't have THAT many markers), but you get the general idea. This is what I came up with:
The three designs are essentially the same, with the difference being the way the white parts are distributed. But I am having such a hard time deciding which one I like best! Will you help me? I want the ribbons to be the main focus, but I also want the circles and the stars to come through in the design as well. What do you think?
Should I go with
A:
B:
Or C:
Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up:

p.s. If you are just visiting, you could check out the sewing machine cover I finished last week. I posted my progress a few weeks ago, but never linked up the finished deal.


Hi Tiffany!
ReplyDeleteI totally blogstalk you all the time, haha!
I like C best, though I do think it would look great with the orange and brown thrown in too. Such a cute design, I'm excited to see it when you finish!
Looks like a great quilt! I like the solids a lot. Oh and your growth chart looks perfect!
ReplyDeleteHi Tiffany, dropping by from Freshly Pieced. I love your work. Your colours are very sunny. Those tiny squares can be difficult at times, but I think that's truly what patchwork is all about isn't it...using up all those scraps! I'm in the process of doing a scrappy quilt too and loving it.
ReplyDeleteI think C is my favorite as well.
ReplyDeleteI love those versions of storm at sea! It keeps popping up on my inspiration pictures, but until I saw these I still wasn't sure I'd ever do one. Now I might... Oh, and I like B the best.
ReplyDeleteI've always seen Storm At Sea done in blues, aquas and greens, but I LOVE it in these bright and vibrant colors! I think C is my favorite.
ReplyDelete