I finished my Storm at Sea quilt top awhile back. I think it turned out awesome! I pretty much love it.
All of the blocks were paper pieced using freezer paper - that's probably why everything matches up so well. I like paper piecing.
Look at all those seams! This quilt is going to be HEAVY.
Now I just need to figure out what to do with it next. So far it measures about 39 x 48, which is definitely not as big as I want it. I've got a bunch more of the egg shell fabric, and I knew all along that I was going to add a border of some kind. But that's about it. I have no idea what kind of border to add, or how big to make it. I've got a little bit of each color left over, but not enough to make another row. Decisions, decisions.
Luckily, it is almost December and I am well into making Christmas gifts at the moment. I think this one is going on the back burner until January. Of course, if you have any awesome ideas about how to make it bigger, send them my way. :)
For more about the progress and inspiration behind this quilt, go HERE and HERE and HERE.
Linking up!
Love your rainbow Storm at Sea. That is one of my very favorite quilt patterns. And good for you with all the paper piecing, such a lot of work!
ReplyDeleteVery Cool quilt! YOu did a great job!
ReplyDeleteVery nice quilt top! Love the colours - it looks so happy.
ReplyDeleteWow, what an awesome quilt!! The colours, the movement, WOW!
ReplyDeleteLove your bright quilt! I also love your blog...what a great name for your blog--I think may of can relate!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this! So bright and cheery. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThis quilt is amazing! I love it! So pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteI´ve never seen so beautiful storm at sea before. Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteThis is the most awesome version of 'storm at sea' that I have seen! You have done an amazing job. I can't wait to see the finished quilt!
ReplyDeleteIt turned out beautifully! Good job Tiffany!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! I love the rainbow-rows take on the stormy sea. Pretty!
ReplyDeleteOMG, your Storm At Sea is A M A Z I N G .
ReplyDeleteOh I just LOVE this quilt top! I have a Storm At Sea in red and white that has been a WIP for a long, long time. I need to start at it again... I LOVE your rainbow one so much!
ReplyDeleteOh its gorgeous, I just love this block but what you did with the rainbow colors is AMAZING!! Its just so beautiful, nice job!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing storm at sea! And yes, paper piecing gets everything all lined up and looking wonderful!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I really love your font!
Love the quilt top11
ReplyDeleteThis quilt is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see it finished. Can I also mention that my very favourite bit of the picture above is that you went to the effort of matching the pegs to the top corners so they wouldn't distract or detract from the overall impression! <3
ReplyDeleteWow! It's brilliant and perfectly pieced. It too love paper piecing! I am really excited to see that you've been able to use these fabrics in such a wonderful way. Truly amazing. x
ReplyDelete