Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New Bibs for a Couple of One-Year Olds

My boys are turning ONE today!  We did it!

We didn't throw a huge party, just a small gathering of family members with cake and ice cream and presents.  However, I didn't want to pass up the chance to make them something to show off their new age.

So I made these bibs.  The boys really seem to be going through them quickly lately, so I thought they would be appropriate.  And they are huge, which I love!  I used THIS tutorial from Kim at My G0-Go-Life on the Clover and Violet blog. 

I didn't add an extra layer in the middle, but I used flannel for the backs.  If I were to make them again for someone else, I would either add an extra layer of flannel in the middle, or back it with minky or terry cloth.

The numbers and stars are appliqued on with ultra hold Heat and Bond.  No sewing required!  I'm curious to see how well they hold up in the wash.

I sewed little snaps on them, since Bronx always manages to pull his bibs off if they are fastened with velcro.  I'm not sure how long the snaps will last, since they are just cheap snaps I bought a hundred years ago before I knew what I was doing.

Here's to one more year! Happy birthday babies!!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute bibs! Lucky babs. I like the general one piece construction/ design. cheers, Claire W.

    ReplyDelete