First up, more bibs.
My boys are outgrowing their current bibs and their increasing desire to spoon feed themselves called for bigger bibs! I really like the ones that I can throw in the wash after dinner, so this is what I came up with.
First, I wanted to take one more crack at Faux Chenille (like I used on the covers of my quiet books). I wanted to see how soft it would be if it weren't attached to a stiff book cover.
| Back of bib, before washing |
| Front of bib, after washing |
For my second bib, I just pieced together some of my favorites from my rapidly dwindling stash of blue and green. I cut the back of the bib from a cheap towel I got at Walmart. I love how it turned out. Next time I make a bib, I'm doing it this way. Also, it's the perfect weight and I didn't have to add batting or quilt it. :)
Next ups, more towels.
I've actually made quite a few of these. They are my go-to gift for bridal showers and wedding receptions. Unfortunately, I usually finish them the night before they are due and don't get good pictures. Well, this time I finished a whole day early!
I think these might be my favorites. Which is a good thing because the cousin that will be receiving them is totally awesome! That's why they gets two sets instead of just one. ;)
The wedding announcement colors are aqua, yellow, pink, and tan; I incorporated them into the first set of towels. Don't they look so retro?
For the second set, I went with my gut and used lime green. I hope the bride likes it! I personally LOVE the damask print with the lime green. I think I need more of this green. I think it's Kona Peapod.
I couldn't decide whether or not to do the whole last name or just the first letter, since the fabric is so busy. I hope I made the right choice...
I love them anyway! Such a fun and easy gift!
I love the towels. I may make some for my kids and then when I find a towel on the floor I can just look at the name and no who is responsible!
ReplyDeleteThat is an awesome idea!
Delete