I'm getting so excited for Christmas! The hubby and I are taking a much needed mini vacation next week. He has a training to attend for his job (in Las Vegas) and his boss has booked a super nice condo for us to stay in for 2 1/2 days. We're going to drop the kids off at Grandmas and I'm going to pack my sewing machine! While the hubby is at his training, I get to spend two ENTIRE days sewing without interruptions! YAYAYAY! And then we will get to hang out together at night - sans kids. I've gotta say, I REALLY love my kids, but I think after this little break from them, I am going to love them so much more. :) Wanna see what I'm bringing to work on? Well, okay.
the one I won from my One Block Wonder quilt top) to pick up some Christmas fabric!
I've been collecting the tutorials for Fat Quarter Shop's "Deckade The Halls" quilt all year and I've finally decided to jump in and do it! This quilt is going to be for ME! Everybody needs a fun quilt to pull out at Christmas time, right? I really love these prints. They may not necessarily go together, but I will find a way. :)
This tan/cream flower print has been in my stash forever - I picked it up at a yard sale for SUPER cheap. I have just enough to cover all the sashing and background in the quilt, so I've decided to make it work rather than buy 3 more yards of fabric...
I can't wait!
p.s. I have updated my Etsy Shop to include a few fun Christmas items. Check them out!
No comments:
Post a Comment