Okay, so this is going to be a boring post (particularly for those who
are tired of hearing about my After the Storm quilt), sorry about that.
But I've got to share with you that I finished piecing the LAST block
for my After the Storm quilt! Now all that's left is to sew the borders
up, baste, and quilt! Oh, and bind (obviously). The end is in sight -
no more paper piecing on this bad baby. So far I have paper pieced 381
units. Holy cow, that sounds like a lot. Thank heavens for chain
piecing. :)
Anyway. My ALYOF goal for February was to finish all of these blocks, and I did! I've even started putting the borders together. (!!!)
| Before |
| After |
To keep this thing moving along, my goal for March is to have all of the 9 sections quilted (since it's going to be king sized, I'm using a sort of quilt-as-you-go method). (Hopefully that counts as only one goal.) It's a lofty goal, but I'm going to do my best to reach it.
In case you are new here, you can get a glimpse of what the quilt will look like HERE.
My February goal setting post is HERE. My entry was #63.
In other news, I've been making bee blocks and bridal shower gifts (more on those later) and I'm working on a few new quiet books for my shop. I'm almost done with those too, so hopefully I can share them (and finally LIST them) soon! Oh, and I've been happily plugging away on my Quilty Stitches Sampler Along, I'm on block three now. :)
Linking up with Lee:

And Shanna/Melissa:
This is the first time I've visited your blog so I am not at all bored by your post. It looks lovely and I shall have to search your blog to follow along your progress and get up to date
ReplyDeleteozzypipquilts.blogspot.com.au
Your design is lovely. I will anxiously await viewing the finished top! I too enjoy designing. P.S. I LOVE the font style you are using for your blog.
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be one incredible quilt, and soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm not bored either! In fact, I'm probably going to end up following yet another quilting blog--yours! I would love to do a quilt like that someday.
ReplyDeleteI really like the colour choices you have made for these blocks and the sketch looks enticing. Gook luck and hope you post the finished piece
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful blocks! Looks like this is going to be an amazing quilt!
ReplyDeleteWowza! This is so great. And yes if there wasn't chain piecing ...ohhh my.
ReplyDeleteGreat finish. Thanks for linking up ♥
Your blocks look lovely! I look forward to seeing it finished!
ReplyDeleteWould love for you to stop by and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
-Lindsey
Fabric Frenzy Friday
Wow this quilt design is so amazing - I'm blown away! Also it's really cool to see someone making a king size quilt because ultimately that's what I hope to do to too (once I've actually managed to finish my first ever lap sized quilt that it is!)
ReplyDeleteMartina
That is going to be SUCH a beautiful quilt. Congrats on making your goal.
ReplyDeleteAlso my first time here,so not bored in the least. Good luck on your quilting goal for this month!
ReplyDeletewow, wow, wow, what an amazing quilt that is going to be! 380 paper pieced sections! Have you taken the paper off yet?
ReplyDelete