Monday, March 10, 2014

Just one more...

One more post about my "After the Storm" quilt.  And then you won't see it again until it is FINISHED!  :)

The "top" is done!  I use the term loosely, because the sections aren't actually sewn together yet.  I'm using one of Ann Peterson's methods for quilting large quilts, sort of like QAYG (quilt as you go).  So these are the best shots I could get of my finished "top."  I was forced to take these in the basement - the only spot I could find that was big enough for the whole thing.  Wanna see?  Okay.

The swivel chair is there for size comparison.





And here's an idea of what the back will look like.  I've been collecting solids from the remnant bin at Joann's and this is what I ended up with.  Sorry for the wrinkles.  It wasn't worth it to iron them all just to fold them all back up again for the closet.

Time to quilt!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! What a beautiful rainbow of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Beautiful color play. I'd be showing it off at every opportunity, too. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this quilt top is beautiful! Great job! I am assuming the QAYG is worked kind of like a log cabin? Starting in the middle and adding on rows? Am I in the ballpark?

    ReplyDelete