Friday, June 27, 2014

A Few Little Things for a Few of my Favorite People

A few weeks ago, I received an Etsy order from my favorite customer.  She just happens to be Mom to my sister-in-law and is one of the sweetest people ever.  I love making stuff for her.  :). My sister-in-law has a few of my bibs, and apparently she loves them and needs a few more.  So I whipped up a pair for her, plus another pair for her nephew.  Grandma chose BYU themed bibs for her younger grandson and trains/helicopters for the older one.  I must admit, I tried the train/heli ones on my boys and was tempted to keep them for myself.  They are nice and thick, soft, and plenty big.  Yep, I need some more for my boys...

This photo seems to show the truest colors.  

I felt like the BYU bibs needs just a little more, so I added the little monogram.


I love to add little quilted details to my bibs.  The extra quilting holds them together a little better and gives them some character.  I even outlined a couple of the little "Y"s.  can you see them?

I made the second set a little bigger since they were for an almost two year old and I love the bigger size.


I recently bought some snap pliers (from Kamsnaps.com - I HIGHLY recommend them) and now I want to put snaps on everything!  I even made these bibs adjustable.  :)

A few detail shots to show off the bubble quilting:



One of these days I need to sit down and make a bunch more...


P.S.  It just so happens that making more bibs (specifically using the trains/helis) was one of my Q2 Finish Along goals (original list can be found HERE.)  Katy - do these count?  Linking up!

http://www.the-littlest-thistle.com/2014/06/finish-along-quarter-2-finish-party.html


2 comments:

  1. the bibs are really cute. I made my nephew a quilt from that Scoot fabric, but he doesn't wear bibs any more. What's BYU?

    ReplyDelete