Monday, October 6, 2014

Finish-Along Quarter 4 Goals

It's time for the final Finish-Along Quarter of the year!  Yikes!

In the past, I have listed pretty much every possible project I have going in the hopes that at least a few of them will get finished.  This quarter is going to be different.  I have been turning down opportunities for extra projects for a while now because I have a whole bunch of projects with very specific deadlines already.  You know how it is with Christmas and all.  Plus, we are getting two new babies in the family this year, so I've got plenty to do!  This quarter I WILL finish everything on this list or BUST! 

Here we go:

1.  Deck the Halls Quilt
This one is actually essentially finished.  I put the last binding stitch on it yesterday while watching LDS General Conference.  Now I just need to give it a quick bath to wash away the marking lines I put on it, and take it out for a photo shoot!  Stay tuned for more on this one!

2.  Braden's Growth Chart
We're getting a new nephew in November!  We're so excited.  His Grandma ordered another Growth Chart from my Etsy shop and the Mom and Dad requested another BYU one to match his brother's.  It's about half way through quilting now.

3.  Braden's Stocking
I wanted to make the new baby something, but I know that he already has about a million quilts.  So, after consulting with the Mom-to-be, I decided to make him a Christmas stocking.  I found some red flannel houndstooth that matches his older brother's green flannel stocking perfectly. 

4 and 5.  Avonlea's Puff Quilt
Yay!  Not only are we getting a new nephew on one side of the family, but we're getting a new niece on the other!  We're really excited about all the new babies coming in the next few months.  This time mom requested a Puff quilt made from this Giggles fabric.  I think I might make another one while I'm at it to sell in the shop.  Because I love these things so much.  :)

6.  Jaxson's Cruiser Blvd Broken Herringbone Quilt
The boys will be turning 3 at the very beginning of December and we are planning on putting them in big boy beds then.  Wahoo!  We already have beds and mattresses (thanks to the help of their AWESOME grandparents).  The only thing left is new quilts for their new beds.  I've had these in progress (sort of) for quite awhile now (YIKES - I got this fabric LAST CHRISTMAS!), but finally made some headway on the first one.  Jaxson has claimed this one because it's green.  Luckily, Bronx loves blue so he'll get the other one.  :)  I just need to add borders to this one to make it bigger.  Broken Herringbone block tutorial found HERE.

7.  Bronx's Cruiser Blvd Jungle Path Quilt
Bronx's quilt is actually a big pile of cut strips right now, waiting to be pieced.  I'll be using THIS tutorial.

8.  Secret project for special family member

9.  More secret projects for a special family member
 

10.  Do. Good Stitches October Quilt
October is my month to receive Do.Good Stitches blocks from my group.  I'm asking for flying geese blocks in these colors.  I'm excited to try my hand at piecing together blocks of different sizes.  Hopefully I will have all of my blocks by November and can have my quilt completely finished before the quarter is over!

WHEW!  I better go get busy!
Linking up here:
http://www.the-littlest-thistle.com/p/finish-along-2014.html

No comments:

Post a Comment