Friday, April 10, 2015

Baby #3 Car Seat Cover

SO baby #3 will be here in two weeks or less!  And even though I already have two boy car seat covers, I really wanted boy #3 to have a new one.  I guess I got a little tired of the first two.  So, against my husband's better judgement, I made a new one.  :)  Isn't that what you would do?

First I went through some of my yardage and found one piece that I wanted to use, but wasn't sold on any of my other pieces for the other side.  So I decided to use some of my beloved Mixed Bag layer cake to piece together the top!  I cut the layer cake in half because I'm planning to turn the other half into charm squares for a puff quilt.  Then I mocked up a whole bunch of design ideas in Excel and posted them on IG for my IG friends to weigh in.  Unfortunately, there wasn't really a clear winner - everybody seemed to like a different design.  SO I let Jaxson and Bronx be the tie breaker and this is the design I ended up with (tutorial over at Happy Quilting):
 

Then I mostly followed THIS tutorial to make a car seat with a slit in the front.  What do you guys think?  Do you like your car seat covers with the slit or without it?  I'm hoping that I don't regret making it this way - I think it will be nice to be able to quickly peek at my baby to see if he's awake or asleep.
 I love the Rick Rack edges, and the big buttons on the handles.  :)

For the other side of this totally reversible car seat cover, I went with this traffic signs print.  If you know my family at all, you know this is perfect for us - Hubby is a Transportation Engineer.   

Now I think we are ready for baby to get here!  Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer!


I finished early this month!  This was my goal for April's ALYOF link up (I was #111).  Linking up HERE:
A Lovely Year of Finishes

This was also goal #1 for the Quarter 2 Finish Along (original list here).  Linking up HERE:

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side



2 comments:

  1. Your cover is totally gorgeous! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby is going to be very comfortable inside there!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete