Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Goal Setting (Quarter 2)

It's time to set new goal (er, roll over old goals) for Quarter 2 of the Finish Along!

This should be an interesting quarter.  I'm due to have a baby in three weeks or less, and I really have no idea how having a third child is going to affect my productivity.  Also, last quarter there were lots of changes to my sewing priorities from the start of the quarter to the end.  Korina's quilt never even made it onto my original goal list because Garrett didn't propose until just after the list was made!  Anyway, the list has evolved a little bit.  I know I won't get all of these done this quarter, but here are the sewing projects I've got in mind at the moment:

1.  Car Seat Cover.  This one is actually almost done.  And a good thing it is, too!  Did I mention we are three weeks away from meeting our new little guy?
Here's a quick IG photo of my progress.  I didn't want to buy yardage when I had cute precuts on hand, so I pieced the top...
To keep things simple for myself, the car seat cover is going to be my April goal for ALYOF.  
Edit:  Finished!  Posted HERE.

2.  Lots of baby bibs.  For my little guy, and for the shop.  I've got some cute jungle fabric set aside to make a bunch of boy bibs, and a layer cake of this cute line to make some girl bibs:
Edit:  Finished!  Posted HERE.

3.  Blocks from the Past Quilt-Along.  This one ends in June.  I'd like to have a quilt top finished in time, but we'll have to see...


4.  King Diamond Ripple Quilt.  This is the one I plan to make for our bed someday.  It's my "back-burner" project, but I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with it!


5. Giggles Puff Quilt.  This one just needs backing and binding!

Edit:  Finished!  Posted HERE.

6.  One more puff quilt.  I've closed my shop to all pre-orders while I'm on "maternity leave" and I'm hoping that will open up a little time to make some more "pre-made" items for my shop.  I've been dying to make another puff quilt for awhile and I've got tons of charm packs saved up.  I might start with this one:



7.  Do.Good Stitches May Quilt.  I'm in charge of blocks again for May, which means I should have received them all sometime in June and might have time to finish the quilt before the quarter is over.  I have a fun plan for this one!

8.  Clamshell Pillow.  I wanted to make roughly one pillow per month and the next one on my list is a spring themed clamshell pillow.  Again, we'll see...
Edit:  Finished!  Posted HERE.

9-11.  More Rummy Mat samples for my shop.

12-?.  More Quiet book samples for my shop.

Edit:  Finished one book!  Posted HERE.

I know this is a pretty comprehensive list, but I had to put them all there so I wouldn't forget anything!  I better go get to work!





Linking Up:

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


A Lovely Year of Finishes

1 comment:

  1. Lots of lovely fabrics and projects to work on. Good luck with them and the new baby. You will be busy!

    ReplyDelete