Friday, June 17, 2016

Hot Pads, a Thread Catcher, and Some Girly Bibs

Recently, I participated in a service auction with some of the women in my neighborhood. I donated a set of hot pads and a set of bibs.  In return, I ended up with an afternoon of babysitting AND a free haircut! I'm calling it a win.  Anyway, it's time for me to share what I made with you.  πŸ˜Š

My friend requested something with this blue/gray print for the hot pads:

I made them with hand pockets.  πŸ˜

For the quilting, I did cross-hatching, swirls, and outlining.



Oh, and I bound them by hand. These babies were THICK!

Next up, another friend requested girly bibs for her granddaughters, and since I didn't have very many in the shop, I decided to make a whole bunch and list the extras in my shop.











And lastly, another friend saw the little thread catcher/pin cushion I made WAY back when I first started sewing, and asked me to make her one for her sister-in-law.  I roughly followed THIS tutorial, because I wanted the hanging basket to be removable.



That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by!

Also, the bibs were one of my goals (#4) from this quarter's Finish Along, so I'll be linking up!

Rhonda's [Quilt] Ramblings

1 comment:

  1. You have been incredibly busy! These are all lovely. Thanks for participating in the 2016 FAL on behalf of the global hosts :)

    ReplyDelete