For now, I want to share a few smaller projects I made at the beginning of the sumber.
First up is my mini mini quilt. We were challenged by our local quilt guild to make tiny mini quilts to swap. The rules were that they had to be less than 10 inches square. I think mine ended up about 2.5" x 7".
Here's the sneak peak I shared on IG to show just how tiny it is:
And the whole thing. I used a cathedral windows tutorial from Moda Bake Shop and I think I halved the measurements.
The back:
And some close-ups:
Next up is a set of hot pads and hanging kitchen towels I made for a cousin's wrong. I finished binding these in the car on the way to the reception. :)
It's always hard sewing for people who have different tastes in colors and fabric. I got a little bit of advice from the mother, so I hope these went over well!
And the last thing I wanted to show you is this little charity quilt I volunteered to quilt for the guild. The nice thing about charity quilts is that they are good for trying out new skills.
For the pieced section, I tried out some Baptist fans:
I think I'll be using these FMQ motifs in the future!
Be back soon!












No comments:
Post a Comment