Hi friends!
I've got a few things to share with you, so be prepared for an onslaught of posts from me. :)
My Etsy shop had a record breaking number of orders in March, which meant that I was pretty busy for the months of March AND April (I even had to close my shop to catch up. Even now only half of the listings are up). But I am officially all caught up now and it's time to share a few non-Etsy projects I've finished since... well, December. ;P
First up are these Vinyl Project Bags. I made these as part of a swap for our Guild back in November. Check out the tutorial for these HERE: Thimbleanna Vinyl Project Bag.
I couldn't stop at just one, so I made four.
Funny story - I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it to our November guild meeting, so I dropped these off with a friend to swap for me. When I went to pick up my new bags from her, I was a little surprised to see one of my own bags (since we were swapping) in my little pile. I didn't think much of it, though. I just figured it was because I made so many bags and there weren't a lot to swap around. I was actually pretty happy I didn't have to part with all of mine in the end. Several months later, I went to use said bag and discovered I had somehow sewn the zipper in wrong, so that the pocket part was completely closed off! Ha! I think my friends must have had a good laugh over that one when it came time to swap. :) Luckily, this was a pretty easy fix with a pair of scissors. ;)
Next up is another swap from December. This time we were swapping Red and Green Mini Mini quilts. Here is the one I made (if I'm remembering right, it measures about 6.5" square). I've been dying to try these cathedral windows style hexies for awhile.
I got a cute little wreath shaped Mini Mini in return and I love it.
My mom has been hinting that she wants a non-Christmasy winter table runner for awhile. So I whipped this up for her and it was so much fun. I was inspired by THIS photo on Pinterest, but other than that I just sort of went for it. This one was a little hard for me to give away...
And finally, I made this football pillow for our family Superbowl Party. Looking back, I probably should have made the laces much shorter, but there you have it. My Grandma used to make one like this every year for her Superbowl parties (which were a big deal - Grandma had 7 sons, 1 son-in-law, and a whole lot of grandkids). Then we would all bet on the final score and the winner got to take home the football pillow. As luck would have it, I was the winner this year. ;p
And since I feel the need to document, but not so much the need to take pictures - I want to mention that I also made a few pillowcases (Batman for Jaxson, Superman for Bronx, and Frozen for Adele - the little girl I babysit once a week), a dinosaur crayon roll for Noah, and a car mat (from a panel) for Noah.
The End. For now. I'll be back soon with a few bigger finishes. :)









I love all your projects, but the snowmen table runner is just the cutest!
ReplyDelete