Monday, June 18, 2012

Sunburst Quilt Top!

I finished a few more sections on the sunburst quilt...
 


And then I sewed the sections together, and added a border (during which my sewing machine almost broke!  I guess it just needed a good cleaning - I almost had the hubby convinced to let me take it to a shop).  Then I gave it a good pressing (which took all day - my boys sure need a lot of attention sometimes), and took it outside to get some pictures in the wind...





Of course, here it is trying on the bed for size.  It's another huge one!  I think it measures about 86x100.  Let's hope I can get it quilted before my sister-in-law's big day on Saturday!!!

Linking up!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! So simple but so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective - I need to add it to my 'to do ' list!!! Is it your own pattern or one I can purchase from somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very interesting quilt....would love to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a neat design! I think it would lend itself really well to donation quilts where multiple people make different blocks and they all go into one quilt at the end! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete