Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tag Toys

Lately, my boys seemed to be obsessed with the tags on all of their toys.  We have a little giraffe that a dear friend made me with ribbon tags all over it.  I decided we needed more toys like that.
So I did a little pinning, and saw THESE cute alphabet tag toys.  I had to give it a try.

I put together a rainbow of fabric scraps, since I don't have a lot of super cute boy fabrics that are big enough...
I didn't notice that stray yellow ribbon until after I took this picture.  Oops!  I love the multicolored tags, though!

I backed them with a soft blue flannel. 

I copied THIS tutorial by stuffing the toys with shredded shopping bags so they would be crinkly.  Jaxson loves things that crinkle (like papers or M&M packages).  It sort of worked.

I just sewed the two pieces together with the tags in the middle.  I didn't want to worry about turning them inside out, so I left the edges raw.  I will keep an eye on them to see if they fray too much.  Just to be safe, I stitched the edges down with a tight zig-zag stitch using some rainbow thread (note to self: Mom's machine is AMAZING for this stitch.  Mine - disaster.  This was done on Mom's machine). 


J for Jaxson, B for Bronx.  I hope they like them!

1 comment:

  1. Love your idea for tag toys! Yes all babies seem to latch on to the tags. Thanks for sharing your finshed toy.

    ReplyDelete