Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIP: Sewing Machine Cover

I've been working with HSTs!  It's kind of a new thing for me.  I kind of like it.
I even tried something new - pressing to the side. :)  I've always been a big fan of pressing all my seams open, but since I had a lot of neutral fabrics and such, I tried the whole "pressing to the side" method. 
My seams weren't as flat as usual, but I think I like the way it works with HSTs.  It was also kind of nice having my seams butt together when I sewed the squares together.  I think next time I will press my rows open, though.  Good times.
I've been wanting to make one of these diamond designs forever.  At first, I wasn't a big fan of anything made with HSTs, but then I saw THIS and THIS and changed my mind.  I used a bunch of scraps and some fabric the Hubby picked out for me for Christmas.
It's going to become my new sewing machine cover.  If I don't decide to just hang it on the wall...  Which I probably won't since our walls are pretty much already full.

I'm going to make the sewing machine cover reversible, since I wanted to try two different designs.  Why not?  This is going to be part of the other side:
I like working on small projects!  I've got a few more small projects in mind before I tackle my next big quilt.  This is fun!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


14 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. I love bright colors on white. My favorite combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sewing machine cover you will have!! I love the bright colours, and the asymmetry of the pattern! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! How pretty! Whether you put it on the wall or use it to cover your machine, as long as it's visible, I think you're good to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty colour choices! I LOVE HSTs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I just posted today about some useful tools for HSTs, check it out :) Love the color choices, excited to see the finished cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I love working with HST's, and I have never pressed my seams open. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous with the scraps! even the reverse will be wonderful. great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your color choices- it looks like a lot of fun!
    shawn@studio57artz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I love both sides of your quilt. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking quilt top, I love the fabrics! Aren't you glad you tried HST-s? :))) I was stopping by through TNT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love the organized scrappy look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! I love your fabric selection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sewing machine cover. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how your HST design turned out! Can't wait to see it hugging your sewing machine ;)
    Smiles~Beth

    ReplyDelete