Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sew Thinky Thursday: Bad Habits

I've missed a few weeks worth of Sew Thinky posts.  Oops.  A few weeks ago, the topics were about sewing friends and guilds.  Although I have lots of friends, and some of them even sew, I felt like I couldn't really call them my "sewing friends."  Although some of them have voiced their opinions that they would like that to change.  We really need to get together soon and teach each other our crafty skills!  (wink, wink)

Last week the question was about our favorite Kona Solid colors.  I meant to write a quick post claiming Lagoon and Leprechaun as my favorite colors, with some form of white as my go-to color.  To be completely honest, I usually have a sizeable stash of bleached muslin on hand.  It's cheap, but so far it has been serving me well.   However, I've been using purely Kona Solids in my Storm at Sea quilt and I can definitely tell a difference.  Kona is amazing.

And now for this week's question:

Bad sewing habits. Do you have them? Share with us, what are your worst habits when it comes to sewing?


I've been thinking about this.   And then last night I had a little... discussion with my husband about my habit of leaving the iron on.  I thought for sure I was getting better at not leaving it on all the time, but it turns out I still have lots of room to improve.  I never leave my iron or its cord within reach of the kids, but I have a bad habit of forgetting to turn it off.  Sometimes it will stay on all day long (cringe).  What about you?  What are your bad habits?


Also, if you haven't already - there is still time to go and vote for your favorite finish in the Something New Sampler!
Here's my quilt:

1 comment:

  1. All I know is that my sewing room floor is a mess when all is said and done for the day! All sorts of threads and crumbs of fabric....I am terrible, no matter how hard I try to drop it in one of 3 trash cans in that room, I still have a ton on the floor!

    ReplyDelete