Saturday, November 9, 2013

I joined a bee!

So I debated joining an online quilting bee for a LONG time.  Then, when we moved to our new house in July, I decided it was time to take the plunge.  I put myself on the waiting list for do. Good Stitches.  This bee appeals to me the most because participants make blocks from their own stash - no going out and buying fabric, cutting it all up, and mailing the parts to bee mates so that they can sew it all up and send it all back.  This way seems a lot more economical to me.  :)  Plus, the quilts go to charity!  Bonus! 
Anyway, I was finally accepted into a new circle in the group called Humility.  We're going to be making quilts to donate to a Native American reservation in South Dakota.  I'm so excited - my month is May, so I've got some time to think about what blocks to request...
In the meantime, here are my blocks for November.  We were asked to make wonky stars and wonky log cabin blocks in fun, cheery colors.
do.Good Stitches, Humility Circle

do.Good Stitches - Humility

2 comments:

  1. I love your pretty blocks. Really my style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are in our group! Wonderful blocks!! I am planning in making a blog button sometime soon so we can all put on our blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete