Thursday, November 14, 2013

Working with Minky

I found this HUGE cut of football fabric for an amazing price at a yard sale awhile ago and decided I wanted to make a car seat canopy with some of it. 

I've seen lots of cute car seat canopies made with minky, so I decided to give it a shot.  
What do you think?

Sewing the minky wasn't too horrible - it was cutting it to size that gave me a headache.  And the fact that you can't iron it.  That's all I'm going to say.

Once it was all sewn up, I thought it was going to look horrible - the two layers didn't seem quite the same size at first.  But when I put it on the car seat, it draped quite nicely.  Yay! 

I couldn't just settle for a plain canopy, so I made things interesting for myself and added a little strip across the front.

And I made it reversible, because - well, why not? 

Anyway.  It's up for sale in my Etsy shop.  One thing down, on to the next.  I can't wait to share my next project with you!  I just need to bind and photograph it.  :)  Here's a shot of my initial fabric pull:

1 comment: