Monday, November 4, 2013

Kyler's Growth Chart

Remember Connor's BYU Growth Chart?

Well, Connor is going to have a new cousin soon, and his grandma was awesome enough to commission growth charts for both of them.  :)

I finished Kyler's growth chart the morning before I delivered it, and it was very hard to get good pictures of it, but here you go:



His mom asked for blue, green, and gray.  My stash is sorely lacking in those areas (especially gray), so I got to go shopping!  I think the color scheme Kyler's mom chose is awesome.  These are the fabrics I came home with (I supplemented this stack with some from my stash).  There's a little bit of Michael Miller in there, some Reunion, some Scoot, and a couple other line I can't remember at the moment.... See the little elephants?  I was so excited to find those - Kyler's nursery theme revolves around elephants.

This was a fun growth chart to make. 

But, like I said - so hard to photograph.




Kyler's mom wanted his full name on his growth chart, so I took all my pictures before adding the last two names (for privacy reasons).  You'll have to trust me when I tell you that it turned out even cuter than this.  But then I had to take a couple more right as I finished and I think they turned out a little better, so I have blurred his middle and last name out in these photos.  I wanted you to see how I attempted to make it so the binding marked every 12 inches on the chart (like a real ruler).  It's not perfect, but I think it works okay. 


What do you think?  This was fun to make, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.  :)

P.S... These growth charts are available in my shop.

1 comment: