Monday, November 25, 2013

Puff Quilt #3: Scoot

I made another puff quilt!  This is my third one and it's boy themed (again).

You can see Puff Quilt #1 HERE and #2 HERE.  The next one is going to have to be girl themed.  And possibly raggy - I'm dying to try this new method!

These really are fun to make.  Although I think I stuffed my puffs fuller than normal this time around, which resulted in SORE shoulders when it came time to sew them all together!

This time around I used fabric that I won (sort of - I won a gift certificate and then proceeded to take months deciding what to use it on), mixed with a few bits and pieces left over from Kyler's growth chart and other projects.  Here's my initial fabric pull:  
The trains, helicopters, and words are from Deena Rutter's "Scoot" line.  The blue and brown stars/snowflakes are Jen Ski's "Ten Little Things."  The gray dots are Riley Blake, I think.
Sadly, the brown stars and the words didn't make the final cut, despite my best efforts to make them work.  I have big cuts of these -  I'll have to use them for something awesome.  I love texty prints, especially kid ones.  :)

I went for a sort of off center diamond layout with the colors.  Can you see it?

The first puff quilt I made was done using Honey Bear Lane's tutorial AGES ago.  She now has a pattern, if you want to make one of your own.  They really aren't too bad if you're willing to put in the time and muscle.  I love making them and my boys love squishing the puffs.  :)

Edited 6/13/14:  Linking up with Fort Worth Fabric Studio's "Oh Sew Baby" series.  Check it out!

Fort Worth Fabric Studio

1 comment: