Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Swooning, Stitching, Setting Goals

I'm just dropping in for a quick post today.  I've got a couple little finishes, and one goal to share for May.

First off, I got to make this Swoon block for our Humility.Do.Good Stitches bee.  Isn't it great?  Jaime asked for blocks with red, black, and white.  She wanted us to use bold black and white prints.  Since I had NOTHING like that in my stash at the time, I went shopping and this is what I picked.  :)  Her quilt is going to turn out SOOOO awesome!
I just had to include my toes in this shot to prove just how HUGE this block is!  24" x 24"

Second, I've been plugging away slowly on my Quilty Stitches Sampler.  I got a little busy with some other stuff, so I fell behind.  But I gotta be honest - I prefer it that way.  I would hate to be fully caught up and suddenly have nothing to work on when the urge strikes!  ;)  Here are blocks 1-5.  SO.  MUCH.  FUN.

And thirdly, now that I've finished some major projects, I decided it was time to reorganize the scrap bin again.  Luckily, I came across Lori Holt's post and I am going to copy her strategy.  This picture isn't pretty, and you can see that I've been working along side my boys.  :)  

This brings my to my goal for ALYOF May.  A dear friend/colleague/mentor from my teaching days is retiring this year!  Naturally, I'm making something for her to celebrate.  I'll be using some of the aforementioned scraps to make something simple, but cute and hopefully useful.  Stay tuned!

Linking up:

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals! You can do it! Come see me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous block, I need to make some of them! I'm so behind with Quilty Stitches, I'm still only halfway through block 3! I wish I'd decided to leave the background white....

    ReplyDelete