I have another quilt finish to share!
This one is my Building Fun quilt. I tried to think of a unique name
for it, but the pattern is already named "Building Fun," and that's what
stuck in my brain. So, here it is. Building Fun:
I made this quilt mostly because I wanted to. I didn't have any real
plans for it, other than to maybe list it in my Etsy shop.
The fabrics are Textured Basics, by Patti Young and I won them in a giveaway, which is awesome. (Hi, Lethargic Lass!)
The pattern is by Geta Grama and can be found HERE. It's one of the first patterns I pinned on Pinterest and I finally had to break down and make it. Actually, it's the only quilt pattern I've ever purchased and followed. (That should show you how much I love it). Normally I prefer to be inspired by others and design my own stuff.
It was really relaxing to sit and quilt this with a basic stipple. And SO FAST! Also, it washed up really well. As much as I love unique custom-style FMQ, I should really do this more often.
For the back, I pieced together all of my leftovers with a bunch of white.
The binding is this green dotty vines. I'm not sure where it came from, but it was the best match from my stash of big cuts, so I went with it. I think it works. Of course, it is hand stitched. :)
In the end, I did decide to list this one in my Etsy shop. You can find it HERE.
Of course, I had to have a little bit of fun photographing it using the twins' building blocks. :)
I even remembered to add a label! I kept it very small and simple, since this quilt will hopefully be sold someday to someone I probably don't know.
This was so much fun to make! Now, on to the next project!
This is project #4 from my Q3 Finish Along List. (Mine was linky #42) Wahoo!

This is a great quilt! I love your colors and how you took pictures with the building blocks. I am a big fan of house quilts. Visiting from Sew Cute!
ReplyDeletewhat a fantastic quilt - I love it!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome and it looks amazing! I am so glad you shared it with me :) And your quilt photo skills rock :)
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS, Tiffany! A fun fabric choice! The photography is the best!! I agree with you - stippling is fast and fun - we should do it more often. Thank you for making such beautiful quilt and for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful! The fabric choice is perfect for this pattern. Great photos too
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome quilt!
ReplyDeleteThis is a really fun pattern and awesome fabric choice! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete