Monday, August 25, 2014

New Quiet Book: ABCs!

This quiet book has been in the works for a REALLY long time.  I probably started sketching ideas for it a year ago.  I love making these, and since we already have a Shapes and Colors one, it was time to make a Letters one too!  I wanted one page for each letter of the alphabet, with a coordinating and interactive item on each page.  What do you think?

With 26 pages, it turned out SUPER FAT, so I added a little strap to keep the thing closed.
Here are all of the pages before they were sewn up into the book:

And these are a few of my favorites:

I even made this pocket for the back using some faux leather I acquired.  :)

 So.  Another reason for creating this ABC book was so that I could list some personalized name books in my shop.  I took all the appropriate letters from the ABC book to make a little book for my boys.  As it happens, most of the letters in their name ended up red or blue and I didn't really want to make them all over again...

Luckily, their little cousin just turned two so I got to make a new one with more color variety.  ;)


I had to get a little creative, because Connor has two repeated letters in his name.  In fact, while I was at it I came up with alternate ideas for nearly every letter and included them in my shop listing - just in case I run into this problem again.  ;)
N is an especially hard letter to come up with ideas for, believe me.  But I think the numbers turned out pretty cute.

The octopus turned out ADORABLE!  So much cuter in person.

Whew!
You can find all of my quiet books in my shop HERE.  I think now I need to work on a numbers book, or maybe just some fun pages for custom books like the one I did for Henrik.  So many ideas!!!!

BONUS.  This project was #11 on my Quarter 3 Finish-Along list.  Linking up here:
http://www.the-littlest-thistle.com/2014/09/finish-along-quarter-3-finish-party.html

3 comments:

  1. the whole book is genius but I especially love the rain falling down on the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;These books are just amazing. I can't imagine how long they took. I made an alphabet chart (non interactive) a couple of years ago and it took FOREVER! N was really difficult to think of something for, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ideas, congrats on all your finishes :o)

    ReplyDelete