I made another Rummy Royal mat. This one is #4. You can see #2 and #3 HERE. #1 is HERE.
I was talking with the hubby awhile ago about how it's hard to sell quilts on Etsy because there are just so. freaking. many of them out there. You really have to have a unique product in order to be successful on Etsy. Hence the reason I get tons and tons of views on my quiet books every day (well, maybe not TONS), but hardly any on my quilts or quilted growth charts!
He very ingeniously suggested that I sell my Rummy Royal mats. They are definitely unique, wouldn't you say? The design is completely my own (are ya'll interested in a pattern/tutorial?) and I've never seen anything like it before. Can you believe that my first Rummy Royal post is the fifth most viewed
post of all time on my blog? (1-4 are giveaways and bloggers quilt festival posts.)
So I made another one, this time in more traditional black and red fabrics with a totally awesome card print on the back. What do you think? I even printed the official rules and sewed them into the backing! Plus, (at hubby's suggestion - isn't he great?) I added some ribbon so that it can be rolled up and tied for easier storage and transportation. :)
It's listed in my Etsy shop HERE.
Also, the hubby suggested I list the stockings I've been making for our family. I have always loved to cross-stitch and created these individualized stockings for us. We'll see if anyone else likes them as much as he does. :) They can be found HERE.
I think it is a genius product idea, and the addition of the rules is even better!! I hope you sell lots :)
ReplyDeleteI love it! Great idea, especially with the rules on the back. I think the stockings are also a great idea, although you may be cross-stitching like crazy if you get a ton of orders that need to be back by Christmas. (Which would be a good problem to have!)
ReplyDelete