Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Announcing the Blocks From the Past Quilt-Along!

This year I will be participating in a fun new quilt-along being hosted by Marion over at My Quilt Diet and Natalie at Natalie Ever After.  I'm super excited and have even been asked to guest post a few times.  :)


You can read all about the quilt along in Marion's introduction post HERE.  Basically, we are using an old book (get yours on Amazon.  Mine was about $5) to make a modern sampler quilt.



Most of us will be putting some sort of spin on our quilts to make the blocks a little more updated.  :)  In fact, when it's my turn to post, I will be showing you TWO versions for each block.  One made using the directions from the book, and one pieced using an alternate method.  It's going to be awesome.
Not your style?  No worries!  Follow along to see fresh, fun versions of these blocks.
For my quilt, I plan to use a layer cake of On Our Way fabric by Riley Blake Designs that I picked up for FREE (well, I paid shipping) when the Fat Quarter Shop was having a super awesome sale on layer cakes.  At the time I didn't have a plan, but I knew I was having another boy so I picked up something boyish.
I'm thinking of using this layer cake for my #bftpqal with a line green solid.  Thoughts?
The fun part about this fabric is that my husband is a transportation engineer so it's right up our alley.  :) I think I'm going to try something new (and modern, I might add), and use a bright green solid for all of my background and sashing.

I'm going to make as many blocks as my layer cake will allow (which might be QUITE a few, since the blocks are only 6 inches square) and then put together a baby quilt (or two).

Come join us!

Here is a list of the schedule with all of the bloggers who will be participating:
Week 1 Jan 5 Intro to QAL and Schedule (Marion) myquiltdiet.blogspot.com
Week 2 Jan 12 Fabric requirements (Natalie) natalie-ever-after.blogspot.com
Week 3 January 19 p, 8,9,60 (Natalie) natalie-ever-after.blogspot.com
Week 4 January 26 p.10, 11, 61 (Konda) moosequilts.com/blog
Week 5 February 2 p. 13,14,62 (Marion) myquiltdiet.blogspot.com
Week 6 Feb 9 p. 15,16,63 (Machelle) cherrytreecottagequilts.blogspot.com
Week 7 February 16 p. 17,18,65 (April) april-makingendsmeet.blogspot.com
Week 8 February 23 p. 19,20,66 (Terry) natalie-ever-after.blogspot.com
Week 9 March 2 p. 21,22,67 (Ginny) myquiltdiet.blogspot.com
Week 10 March 9 p. 23,24,68 (Maggie) shortcookie.blogspot.com
Week 11 March 16 p. 25,26,69 (Emily) Simplegirlsimplelife.com
Week 12 March 23 p. 27,28,70 (Barbie) thequiltingmill.blogspot.com
Week 13 March 30 p. 29,30,72 (ME!!!) Sewinsomethin.blogspot.com
Week 14 April 6 p. 33,34,74 (Maggie) shortcookie.blogspot.com
Week 15 April 13 p. 35,36,75 (Natalie) natalie-ever-after.blogspot.com
Week 16 April 20 p. 37,39,76 (Katie) ocouss.blogspot.com
Week 17 April 27 p. 40,41,77 (Marion) myquiltdiet.blogspot.com
Week 18 May 4 p. 42,43,78 (Barbie) thequiltingmill.blogspot.com
Week 19 May 11 p. 44,45,79 (Konda) moosequilts.com/blog
Week 20 May 18 p. 46,47,80 (Machelle)  cherrytreecottagequilts.blogspot.com
Week 21 May 25 p. 48,49,81 (Stacy) Sewnicetocreate.blogspot.com
Week 22 June 1 p. 50,51,82 (Barbie) thequiltingmill.blogspot.com
Week 23 June 8 p. 53, 83, 91(Natalie) natalie-ever-after.blogspot.com
Week 24 June 15 p. 55,84,92  (ME!!!) Sewinsomethin.blogspot.com
Week 25 June 22 p. 56, 86, 93 (Marion) myquiltdiet.blogspot.com
Week 26 June 29 p. 87,88,94 (Katie) ocouss.blogspot.com
Week 27 July 6 Sashing and setting (Natalie) natalie-ever-after.blogspot.com
Week 28 July 13  Wrap up (Marion) myquiltdiet.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment