Monday, January 12, 2015

Finish-Along Quarter 1 Goals

It's time to set some long term goals for the Finish Along
I've only got a few WIPs at the moment, but lots of plans for the year, so lets get started. 
In between Etsy orders, here are my sewing goals:

1.  Do.Good Stitches Flying Geese Quilt
This quilt is made up of blocks sent to me back in October/November.  It's basted and half quilted now.  I just need to finish it.


2.  Do.Good Stitches Star Cluster/Nine Patch Quilt
I've only received a few blocks for this quilt so far, but by the end of the quarter it should be finished.  I'm asking for these two blocks done up in girly colors.  :)

3.  Giggles Puff quilt
This one just needs borders, backing, and binding.  Then I'm going to list it in the shop and see if anyone wants it!

4.  One more puff quilt.
I want to make more puff quilts for my shop this year, because they are so fun!  I think I'll make the next one from the Mixed Bag layer cake I've got stowed away.

5.  New Rummy Mats
I plan to make at least one new Rummy mat for my shop so that I can get it professionally photographed and update my listing.  Plus, it will be nice to have one or two on hand to sell after the baby comes.

6-10.  New Quiet Books
Ditto here.  I need some samples to use for updating my listings.  Plus I have two new books planned that haven't even been made yet!  The plan is to make these new books:  Colors, Shapes, Numbers, Letters, and one customizable book with random pages.


11.  King Diamond Ripple quilt
We bought a new King sized bed last spring and none of our quilts are quite big enough for it.  The hubby requested something with lots of blue and green and a more traditional/not so block based pattern.  I'm planning on making a HST quilt using repeats of THIS block.
This is a really old photo.  The stack has at least doubled, if not tripled by now.  It's definitely time to cut these babies up!

12.  Blocks from the Past Quilt-Along
This quilt-along won't be over until the second or third quarter of the finish along, but I still plan to work on it during the first quarter, so I'm adding it to the list so that it doesn't get lost.  :)  Even though it will need to be rolled over for a quarter or two. 


13.  Car Seat cover for new baby.
Hubby says we don't need a new car seat cover, but I say we do.  It probably won't be finished this quarter (baby will be here in April/May), but it's in the plan so it's going on the list.  I'll probably make it using part of my Mixed Bag layer cake.


That should be enough to keep me going for awhile!
Linking up:

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side



1 comment:

  1. You have very worthy goals. I hope you accomplish them all.

    ReplyDelete