I thought that my Etsy shop would die down after Christmas, but I was wrong! Once I finally got caught up, it was SO WONDERFUL to work on a few quick "me" projects and I really went to town!
Because I'm awesome, all of these are iPhone photos. ;)
First up, one of the members of our Do.Good Stitches quilt bee dropped out at the last minute so I offered to take over for her in January. I chose this star block and a simple nine patch block for my bee mates to make. The star block was a BEAST (those pieces are tiny) and I think everybody probably hated me at some point for picking it, but look how awesome it turned out! If I had known it would be so hard, I might have picked a different one but since I only had a day or two's notice, this is what I went with. SORRY BEE MATES! Next time I am going to pick something super fun and easy.
But seriously, this quilt is going to be gorgeous. I just received the last blocks in the mail and I'm excited to put it together. I want to try practicing some semi custom quilting in this one. Any suggestions?
And then Brittney picked string blocks for February and I was super pumped to pull out all my string scraps and go to town. I love a good stash busting block. She only needed two from each of us, but I couldn't stop and made four!
These blocks were also awesome for stash busting! My local quilt guild is going to make a couple charity quilts using these solids-only courthouse steps blocks. They were quite liberating to make. :)
And of course, I've been making blocks for the Blocks From the Past quilt-along. These are just a few of the blocks I've made so far. Blog posts coming soon! As for now - check out the link in my sidebar for more! We've already seen posts from Natalie, Konda, Marion, and Machelle. Check them out!
And now for my favorite WIP! My awesome Sister-in-law FINALLY got engaged! We are super excited for her and her amazing fiance. (KORINA, do you read my blog? You should let me know if you do so I can stop posting spoilers!) I immediately sent her my entire pinterest board for quilts and said "Narrow this down for me." She picked a few and I decided to go with Jaybird Quilts' "Radio Way" pattern. My SIL requested light green, white, and black (no yellows, possibly some blues). And then she said she trusts my judgement (YAY!). This is what I ended up with. It's a mix of gorgeous Up Parasol (Heather Bailey) prints, a couple of Amy Butler prints, a jelly roll I picked up at Joanns a long time ago, and a jelly roll of black and white prints I snagged off of Etsy. I am LOVING these colors. I just hope they're not too yellowy...
This quilt was SO fast to put together. It was probably less than a week from the above picture to a finished King sized quilt top! I love that Korina picked something so simple. :)
![]() |
| Speaking of too much yellow, don't you just LOVE the awesome wall color in my basement? YIKES! Personally, it's too much yellow for me but it's staying for now... |
And here's a peek at the top. Now I just need to decide how to quilt it! Yikes!
Thanks for stopping by!







Okay, I loved everything on this post but that green/black/white/blue quilt at the bottom is just gorgeous!!! Love it so much!!!! So fresh!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I loved everything on this post but that green/black/white/blue quilt at the bottom is just gorgeous!!! Love it so much!!!! So fresh!
ReplyDelete