I was inspired by THIS mini from Modern Handcraft for my pillow top. I used a mix of low volume prints for the background and I love how it turned out!
The texture on this pillow is pretty awesome. I love this quilting design.
Once the quilting was done, I decided I wasn't quite finished so I added a few ghost hexies in the "negative space". Can you spot them?
Since I originally planned four columns of hexies for the top and ended up liking the look of three better, I had a few hexies left over. I decided to try my hand at actually hand piecing them together the traditional way. Then I appliqued them to this gray solid, which I was happy to find in my stash. Now the pillow is double sided! And of course an envelope enclosure for me!
I didn't take the time to look up a tutorial or anything, just tried to stitch these together from memory based on that one time we had an EPP class at Quilt Guild... I hope I did it right!
And I couldn't help but share the rest of my Valentines decor with the new pillow. Mostly because I love these monthly themed blocks so much! The sun pattern is from April May Designs HERE (I made the whole set for my sister and another set for myself - check out my post HERE). The Subway art printable is from Just Another Hangup HERE.
Now... what to make for March??
Awesome pillow, I love the design and the prints you used.
ReplyDeleteHi Tiffany! Great pillow! We would love to have you come join us in the pillow swap four seasons! You can let your imagination soar! ;-)
ReplyDelete