Meet Baby Noah. He arrived on April 28th and he's the sweetest baby.
And in case anyone was wondering, having one baby at a time is WAY easier than having two. ;) Of course, I love my twins and I wouldn't trade them for anything (well, most of the time - wink, wink).
Before Noah arrived, there were a few other baby things happening around here.
First of all, the sweet ladies in my Do.Good Stitches Charity Bee all got together and made me this super awesome plus quilt! I had NO IDEA they were doing it and I am so touched! And the quilting on this one is so cool.
And THEN a bunch of local guild friends got together and made me this log cabin quilt! Once again, I was totally surprised and floored by the awesome gift. Aren't quilty friends the best? Noah is definitely spoiled. :)
But before even any of that, I had a burst of creative baby-stuff-making (for some women, "nesting" means "clean all the things." For me, it's "sew all the things"). I cleared out my shop quite a bit so that I could take a few months off Etsy orders to focus on baby and it has left me with some glorious free sewing time. It's been so nice making whatever I want to make lately, without having to finish priority projects first.
So I made Noah a few new bibs/burp cloths, and a onesie.
And then I couldn't stop myself and I made a whole slew more to add to my shop. :) Bibs are so fun and easy to make. I love adding little bits of quilting to mine for added character.
Up until a few weeks before Noah was born, I was watching my friend's little girl twice a week. We really loved having Adele with us and miss her so much already. She turned one right around the time we stopped taking care of her, so I made her this fun quiet book. I've been wanting to try a book that is more appropriate for really little kids - everything is fully attached so that there are no choking hazards for little ones. There are also lots of different textures and things for little fingers to play with. And since I can't seem to make anything without following some sort of theme, I went with colors again (and shapes, actually. I just realized you can't see it in any of these pictures, but every page has a different shape hiding behind the felt square flaps). I was so excited to give this to sweet little Adele!
Noah is already a month old and I can hardly believe it! I'm already back in the swing of sewing as much as I can - hopefully I'll have some awesome quilty things to show you soon! Thanks for visiting!
P.S. The bibs and quiet book just happened to be part of my Finish Along Goals (#2 and #12 - original list HERE). Wahoo!
Linking up:

I'm going to take your word for it regarding twins. I'm so glad Noah is a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteaving read this I believed it was rather enlightening. I appreciate
ReplyDeleteyou taking the time and effort to put this content together.
I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and commenting.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!
viagra
obat kuat
obat kuat viagra
What a sweet little guy! I love your quiet book. It's awesome!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the safe arrival of Noah - his bibs are cute but nowhere near as cute as him! I love the quiet time book, what a great idea!
ReplyDelete*Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*
Congrats on your sweet bundle and all of the wonderful projects too. The color book is really special and I'm sure will be treasured.
ReplyDelete