Friday, March 18, 2016

WHW RS Sampler Quilt Class: SOME OF MY FAVORITE WEBSITES

This post is part of the sampler quilt class I am teaching.  Feel free to read or skip. :)

I wanted to provide you with a list of some of my most favorite websites for quilting.  These are super valuable to me, since I am pretty much completely self taught when it comes to quilting.  My skills have definitely evolved over time, as has my passion for the art of quilt making.  :)  When I first had the desire to make a quilt, I really didn't know what I was doing and I had to borrow my grandma's quilt frame and set it up in my parent's living room for a few weeks.  I knew there had to be a better way, so I started searching the internet for ideas.  It was then that I discovered the world of quilt blogs and I have not looked back since!  I love reading quilting blogs and seeing photos of the beautiful quilts so many people are making all over the world.

I have a LOT of favorite blogs, but for the sake of those who are learning to make their first quilt, these are the blogs with the best beginner tutorials (in my opinion - I'm SURE there are tons more out there).  They all have a "tutorials" tab at the top or side of their blog, and they are all super generous in sharing their expertise:


Happy Quilting
Diary of a Quilter
Pile O Fabric
Oh Fransson
Christa Quilts
Sew Mama Sew
Moda Bake Shop

I also have a few favorite blogs that host giveaways frequently.  I LOVE entering giveaways.  I have won some awesome things from entering giveaways.  Try some of these out:

The Giveaway Roundup (pretty much all of the giveaways in on spot, updated every day)
Hawthorne Threads (GORGEOUS photos of their fabric every week + giveaways)
Maureen Cracknell (giveaways every Friday)
Happy Quilting (giveaways every Tuesday)
Fresh Lemons (big giveaways at the beginning of every month)
Sew Mama Sew (hosts a gigantic giveaway link-up every May and December)



I don't watch a ton of youtube videos, but I do love these two channels for quilting videos:
Fat Quarter Shop
Missouri Star Quilt Company

No comments:

Post a Comment