Thursday, October 6, 2016

Do.Good Stitches: Diamond Kites

Back in April, I was in charge of our Bee Quilt for Do.Good Stitches.  I am now in a new group (our old group had to be dissolved, which was super sad), so I've been getting to know the skill levels and styles of my new bee mates.  Hopefully this block wasn't too crazy for them. :)

I made up this pattern using half rectangle triangles and asked for blocks in bright jewel tones.  

Doesn't it look cool all put together?

For the quilting, I went with random straight lines all over the whole thing.

For fun, I threw in a bunch of straight lines done in glow in the dark thread.  :)  It's pretty much not possible to photograph glow in the dark thread, so here's a picture of the back.  If you squint, you can sort of get an idea of what it looked like in the dark.  :)

The binding was done using a couple funky large prints that I haven't been able to match with anything until now. 

 Quilt stats:
Started: April 2016
Finished: August 2016
Fabrics: A variety of bright jewel tones with low volume background
Batting: Pellon 100% Cotton
Finished size: Approximately 58" x 47"
Recipient: My Very Own Blanket (an organization that provides quilts for foster children)
Methods used: HRT piecing, straight line quilting
Binding: Hand Stitched to the Back

Just under the wire, I'm linking this up with the Quarter 3 Finish-Along.  This was project #1 on my finish-along list
Rhonda's [Quilt] Ramblings

3 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful quilt and will make someone feel treasured! Congratulations on the finish and thanks for linking up to the FAL quarter three on behalf of your team of hosts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! It will make someone feel very happy.

    ReplyDelete