Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Puff Quilt!

For my birthday this year, my mother-in-law wanted me to buy myself some fabric and I decided I just had to have this Pure fabric (I especially love the pieces with words on them).  I wanted to make something with colors that would work for a boy.  So I bought some fabric and set it aside, waiting for inspiration to strike.
Well, it did!  I discovered HoneyBear Lane's Puff Quilt and I KNEW that was what I wanted to do!  (Check out her website - she has lots of cute stuff!)  At the time, Heidi had a series of free tutorials on how to make the puff quilt.  I guess her puff quilt became so popular that she decided to make it into a pattern to sell, so it is not free anymore.  Sad.  Lucky for me, I downloaded the tutorials while I still could - Wahoo!  This quilt was a lot of fun to make!  I want to make more in the future - I just need someone to make them for!
Isn't it great?  Don't you just love the fabrics?  I do.

p.s. Sorry about the crappy pictures.  I'm just not home in the middle of the day when the sun is shining.

2 comments:

  1. That is really cute. I love the colors and the puffy. Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete