Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WIP: Sunburst Parts 1 and 2

     Yay for progress!  This quilt has been fun to work on.  It feels kind of like improv, because I've been cutting each piece as I go.  Except that it's not improv - because I actually sat down and designed the whole thing before doing any cutting at all.  I hope it turns out okay.  Putting this quilt top together is making me feel very modern. :)
     There will be four sections.  I have finished the first two.  I guess I shouldn't call it the "sunburst" quilt, because it doesn't really look like a sunburst.  But the quilt is inspired by THIS quilt that I originally found on Pinterest...

     The original pinner commented that it looked like a sunburst and the name has stuck for me.
     The original quilt was made by Jacquie Gering (did you hear she has a BOOK out now?).  I have searched and searched for more info on this quilt, and THIS is all I have found - it's a photo blog of some of her quilts.  I guess her quilt is actually called "Outside In."  The quilt was quilted by the amazing Angela Walters.

     So anyway.  I took the idea and made it my own.  I've got two and a half weeks to finish it... wish me luck!

See previous post HERE.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking good! I like your color choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! Love the improv style and all the white space! Stopping in from Freshly Pieced.

    ReplyDelete