Friday, January 4, 2013

2012

Holy cow, 2012 was a great year for sewing!  Once I finished the school year and retired from teaching, my sewing time skyrocketed (I think I was the kind of teacher who spent WAY too much of my free time doing school stuff.  I really loved it, but retiring was really refreshing for me).  I made two queen size quilts, three baby quilts, 25 wall hangings (almost), two table runners, a sewing machine cover, two growth charts, a bunch of towels, and more!  Check it out:

2012 Quilts

2012 Quilted Things

2012 Small Stuff
 
2012 was also a great year for winning giveaways.  I have been incredibly lucky and won some amazing stuff.  I don't think I would be able to fund my quilting obsession at this point in my life without the extra padding (alright - more than just "padding") in my stash.  I should probably document my winnings too, since I'm pretty sure I haven't blogged about most of these (other than giving credit to the contributer in my final posts).

Here they are (I borrowed all of these pictures from the blogs I won them from - their pictures are better than mine, especially now that half of these are sewn into quilts):

2012 winnings :)

I used some of the sketch fabrics to make my Sunburst quilt, and I used those leftovers in my Rummy Royal mat, as well as a whole bunch of other things - they were great for my Hello Sun Wall Hangings.  I still have a bunch of pink and red (and blue) FQs left.  Just hoping someone I know will have a baby girl someday. ;)

I based my Rummy Royal mat design on one of the patterns from "We Love Color" and I'm still dying to make that quilt on the cover.  Maybe I will break out that Oakshott Colorbox.  It's the only bundle I've been afraid to use so far.  It's such nice fabric I feel like it needs a really perfect project.

Most of the Kona Solids bundle has gone into my Storm at Sea quilt.  It has been really fun fabric to work with.

I haven't made anything from the Modern Patchwork book yet, but I would love to make the Roller Rink quilt someday.

A lot of the Give Thanks fabric went into making my mom's fall table runner and towels.  There is still a lot left - maybe next October or so I will make something for myself!

Whew!  What a fantastic year!  I hope 2013 turns out just as great!  How was your year?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on all your progress, completed projects and winnings. It looks like you had a great year I hope you have another fantastic one this year!

    ReplyDelete