My babies' babysitter is about to have a baby boy of her own. (Say that 5 times fast...). Some friends put together a little shower for her and I wanted to make her something amazing because she is amazing. I didn't have enough time for a quilt, so I decided on a couple burp cloths. I wanted to make her something boyish, but not cutesy. Her husband is Mexican and is a HUGE soccer (futsal) fan. I searched and searched the web for ideas and finally found THIS paper piecing pattern. It's quite a bit different than your average burp cloth design, and it turned out about twice as big as I imagined it would, but I'm pretty sure the recipient LOVED it (she says maybe her husband will actually WANT to burp the baby now). Whew. Here it is:
Since one burp cloth is never enough, I threw in another one with these cute little trucks.
Tiff, those are so cute! I mean, not cutesy. :] Way to go, I love them!
ReplyDelete