When I first saw Jen's quilt in the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I was floored! The whole thing is made from ONE cut of fabric! Seriously, you should check it out. It's amazing. Luckily, Jen got such a big response to her One Block Wonder quilt, that she decided to host a quilt-along!
I was pretty excited about it at first, but then realized that I might not be able to participate right now due to my current fabric diet. This quilt requires a large amount of one single fabric. Finally, I decided to go through my stash and see what I had that was at least a half yard and fit the design requirements. This is what I came up with:
In the end, I let the Hubby pick for me and he picked the masks:
From that, I cut groups of 6 triangles from exactly the same spot in the print and started putting them together. It works! My cutting isn't perfect - I don't have the fancy ruler or pins called for in the book, but I think it's fine. :)
All 14 hexies are ready for me to decide where to put them in my layout. Cool, huh? And these all started out as one big cut of the same fabric.
Here's the thing - 14 hexies isn't really enough for a quilt. Maybe a big pillow. I'm thinking about making another set of hexies using the other African fabric from my first photo and mixing them in. What do you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment