Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WIP: Taking Stock

I've learned over the past few years that I'm not the kind of girl who likes to work on a whole bunch of projects at once.  I hate leaving things unfinished, so I'd rather finish one project before moving on to the next one.  However, these past few weeks I have been trying to balance several different types of projects - sewing for ME and sewing for my brand new ETSY SHOP.  I think it's time to take stock of what's in the works!

First of all, I got sucked into Jen's One Block Wonder quilt-along.  It's been a good in-between project while I wait for new fabric to come in the mail.  :)  Read about my beginnings HERE.  I'm almost finished with my second set of hexies and then it's layout time!  I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with this quilt, but I needed to sew something just for fun.  This is going to turn out really cool.  And the finished product photos will probably be about a million times better than these...

I recently listed custom quilted growth charts in my shop and I'm so happy to have my first order!!!
I'm making a BYU themed growth chart that's going to look awesome when it's finished (GO COUGARS).  I'm just waiting for more fabric to come in the mail.

I'm also making a blue/green/gray growth chart for a little boy who will be arriving soon!  It seems like I need to go fabric shopping again... oh darn.  ;)
But seriously, these are going to be super cute.  I'll keep you posted.

A few months ago (ACK!) I was lucky enough to win a giveaway from Sew Lux Fabric (through Blossom Heart Quilts' Kate Spain blog hop).  (Great service at Sew Lux, BTW.  Super fast shipping too!)  Geez, I think I have a love hate relationship with gift cards!  They are the best kinds of giveaways to win, because you get to choose whatever you want with them, but I sat on my gift card for like three months before I finally decided what to use it on!
I'm thinking about making a puff quilt from these to list in my shop.  But who knows.  Maybe I'll change my mind.  Maybe I'll make a few more bibs/burp cloths for the shop.

I've already got a girly car seat canopy listed in the shop, so I've decided to make a boy version.  I'm thinking of using this fabric with brown minky, mostly because I have SO MUCH of it:

Most of my time lately has been spent on Quiet Books.  I've decided to list a few in the shop and I'm working on samples.  I'm planning to do four different books.  I've got about 1 1/2 in the works right now with the other two in planning stages.

I picked up these flannel chevrons awhile back - I'm thinking more baby items.  Maybe these will be part of a giveaway soon?

And of course, my poor neglected Storm at Sea quilt.  It has been a WIP for a LOOOONG time.  Which is kind of sad, because it's going to turn out AMAZING.  Maybe I'm just nervous about quilting it.  Either way, I've set myself a deadline for this quilt, but it's still pretty far away.  I've designated this my "Sunday" project, so that I'm not tempted to stress over Etsy stuff on Sundays when I should be resting. ;)  I'm about halfway finished with my Snail Trail blocks.  I can't wait to show you what they will look like all together! 

Well, I guess this turned out being a post mainly about fabric.  And my Etsy Shop, which I'm sure you're tired of hearing about.  Yeah, sorry about that.  I promise my next post will be all about quilting!  I better go sew some fabric together!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment