Here are some of my finishes for 2014.
First up, I finished 7 quilts:

After the Storm
Building Fun
Deck the Halls
Broken Herringbone
Jaxson's Broken Herringbone (blog post coming soon)
Bronx's Jungle Path (blog post coming soon)
Avonlea's Puff Quilt (blog post coming soon)
A few smaller items given away as gifts:

Mom's Cathedral Windows Pillow
Braden's Stocking
MIL's Tablecloth
Nancy's Retirement Towels
Amberli's Hot Pads
Braden's Growth Chart
Renee's Hot Pads
Quilty Stitches Cross-stitch Sampler (still going...)
A couple new quiet books:

ABC/Name books
Colors Books
Henrik's Book
And a whole bunch of stuff for my shop (here are just a few):

And just for fun (and mostly for my own sake), here are a few stats from my Etsy shop for 2014:
Total number of orders: 49
After the Storm Patterns sold: 15
Rummy mats sold: 6 (with 4 more outstanding orders at the moment - made after Christmas)
Quiet books sold: 6 (plus a whole bunch of new ones for my boys)
Other baby items made: 14
All in all, the shop went through a lot of changes! At the beginning of the year, I was making lots of smaller baby items (bibs, burp cloths, etc). Around the middle of the year I was focused on new quiet books and my first quilt pattern (this was a really slow time for me, but I sold a fair amount of patterns, which was nice). By the end of the year, my Rummy mats were the most popular.
My biggest goal for 2015 is to remake all of my quiet books and rummy mats so that I can have them all professionally photographed and available as samples.
Of course, we can't forget my bee blocks! I had a great time participating in the Humility Circle of Do.Good stitches. I look forward to new block assignments every month.

Now, I have a few goals for 2015. Here are my plans for the next 12 months or so:
1. Have a baby and adjust to being a mom of 3.
2. Make a quilt for our bed. Fabric is all ready and pattern is chosen. This one is not super important, so I plan to work on it a little here and a little there. It will be nice to have a quilt big enough to fit our bed someday.
3. 3 Bee quilts. I am in charge of blocks for January, May, and November this year, so I'll be making and donating three quilts this year.
4. Participate in the Blocks from the Past QAL. More details about this one coming VERY SOON!
5. Update all of my quiet books and add two more to the shop. This will mean making a sample of each one and having it professionally photographed so that I can update my listings. I plan to do this will my Rummy mats and maybe a few more of my items as well.
6. Make more puff quilts for the shop. Maybe even offer custom made puff quilts.
7. Be an active member of my local quilt guild.
8. Practice curved piecing.
9. If I'm lucky, I might get to make a wedding quilt this year, but we'll just have to wait and see on that one. ;)
Here we go!
Every time I visit your blog I get sucked in for a loooong time! I just love your creativity and style!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I visit your blog I get sucked in for a loooong time! I just love your creativity and style!
ReplyDelete