Monday, January 11, 2016

Fabric Family Photo Book

Before Christmas, a customer contacted me on Etsy and asked if I would be able to make her a fabric photo book for her daughter's first birthday.  After lots of communicating back and forth, I figured out what she had in mind and this is what I came up with!  I think it turned out adorable and now I need to make one for Noah!

The camera fabric is by Riley Blake ("Snapshots" by Bella Blvd) and it seemed perfect for this little project.  :)

I'm sad that you don't get to see the adorable pictures of the family (their baby is seriously SO CUTE), but I must protect my customer's identity.  :)  I printed all the photos on "Printed Treasures" printable fabric and they came out beautifully.

The customer wanted the photos to be bordered with lots of different fabrics.  I had fun going through my scraps to find just the right pieces. 

I even embellished the pages with buttons and some fun appliques (I even fussy cut cute designs from some of the fabrics I used).

I think the ribbon taggies may have ended up too long, but they make a fun little addition.  I think the cover pages (front and back) are my favorite.  That pink doodle print is also from the "Snapshots" line by Bella Blvd for Riley Blake.  And the crowns were from the scrap bin at my local quilt shop. 

It finished at about 8" square - just the right size for little one-year-old hands.  :) 

1 comment: