Monday, January 11, 2016

2016: Quarter 1 goals

Well, it's time to make another list of projects to finish for the Finish Along! 
I felt like I was SUPER busy last quarter - mostly working on Etsy things, which I don't typically include in my finish-along lists.  But looking back at last quarter - I finished 9/15 of my projects!  Not too shabby, when you consider the fact that I knew going in that three of my projects had a very slim chance of being completed. 

So, without further ado, here is my list for this quarter, starting with items being rolled over from last year:

1.  King Diamond Ripple.  MUST FINISH THIS ONE!

 
 
2.  Growth Chart for Noah.  I plan to use leftovers from his Car Seat Cover.
 
3.   Apron for myself, using this fabric I won in a giveaway - this one is not super high on the priority list, but it would be great to find time for it!
 
 
4.   Transportation, birthday, and Christmas bibs for the shop.
 
5.  I need to stock my shop with Rummy mats so I can be prepared for the Christmas rush this year!  My plan is to have at least 8 Rummy mats ready to go at any time.  I won't consider this goal met until I have 8 completed Rummy mats in my house, ready to ship!   

6.  Picture Perfect Quilt for Baby Girl.  A sweet neighbor is having a baby soon, and a new quilt is in order.  I've been dying for a good excuse to make this quilt!  (Fabrics are mostly "Blushing" by The Pattern Basket - SOOO pretty!)

7.  Swoon Sixteen in "Blushing."  I won this fabric on IG forever ago and I think it's time to finally use it!  I was totally inspired by the Swoon Sixteen quilt Corey Yoder (aka lmshabby) is making over on IG.  I want one just like it, and since the colors in this fabric line by The Pattern Basket are so light, I'm going to use a gray background.  Who knows what it will be for - I just need to make it.  :)

The following are projects I probably shouldn't do until all these other are done, but we'll see:

8.  I got this book (by Kristin Roylance) for Christmas and I really want to make that cute owl quilt on the cover!  I've even got two charm packs of this woodsy creature fabric that will be perfect for it!!

9.  I really would like to make one or two more puff quilts soon.  I've got charms packs of Mixed Bag, Wishes, Frolic, and Hello Friend...  



 
 
*I'm not including this in my list, but I'm making it public here - I WILL write a pattern for my Colors Quiet books.  Soon.  :)

Linking up!

2016 FAL

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get all nine finished! Love that first one. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make that owl quilt too. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete