Monday, January 11, 2016

The BABY Quiet Book

We have had a few first birthdays in our family these past few months.  I decided it was time to create a small quiet book that could be held in tiny hands and enjoyed by tiny fingers and mouths.  :)  I was also looking for something that was quick(er) to make that would be a more inexpensive item to list in my shop.  These are what I came up with!

The little pages are only 3" square.  My sister-in-law loves hers because it is small enough to stick in the diaper bag just like another toy.  My little Noah loves his because he can hold it in his little hands (and it's completely safe for him to chew on, which is all he cares about right now...).

Of course, each page has some sort of interactive element to it.  The dinosaur has ribbon taggie spines.  The elephant (my personal favorite) has a stretchy elastic nose and loose ears. 
The fun yarn noodles are fun (my mom thinks the N page looks like a nest, which works too).  The kite slides along the string.  Anyway, you get the picture.  :)

Each book comes with all the letters in the child's name. 

The rocket slides up and down, and the alligator's mouth opens and closes.

I had to get a few pictures with Noah's chubby little hands for perspective.  :)  Don't you just love baby hands?

These are currently listed in my Etsy shop.  ;)

1 comment: