Monday, January 30, 2017

2016 Recap :)

It's still January, so I'm going to go ahead and post a recap for last year.  OKAY then.  Without further ado, here are some numbers from 2016:

Quilts made:  12
(5 baby, 4 lap size, 1 twin, 1 queen, 1 king)
(2 were given to charity, 3 were sold, 4 were given to new babies, and the rest are still with me)
(Listed/Linked here in no particular order)
2016 Quilts
Puff Quilt in Hello Bear
Quilt Class Sampler Quilt (finished photos coming soon)
Puff Quilt in Bump to Baby
Diamond Ripple
Emily's Picture Perfect
Abecedary in Mint
ABC Improv
Carpenter Star
Diamonds in the Fire
Maggie's Charm Quilt
Do.Good:  Humility
Do.Good:  Believe Diamond Kites

A few smaller things I made last year (in no particular order):
2016 Random Stuff
Hot Pads for a wedding
Winter Table Runner for Mom (post coming soon)
Baby Quiet Books
Fabric Photo Book 
Red/Green Mini Swap
Vinyl Project Bag Swap
Microwave Bowl Cozies (custom order from a sweet and loyal Etsy customer - now I want some)
Hot Pads for a church service auction
Pin cushion thread catcher for a friend
Tons of new baby girl bibs
Cathedral Windows MINI mini swap

For those who have been to my blog once or twice, you may have noticed that 2016 (at least from the blogging side) was pretty much dominated by the Quilt Class I taught.  Here are the 12 sets of blocks.  Someday I'll show you the finished quilt!
2016 Quilt Class Blocks

And of course, here are my 12 bee blocks.  We started the year with one block in my old group before we were disbanded and dispersed into new groups.  :)
2016 Bee Blocks


2016 Sep-Dec was also a very busy time for my Etsy shop.  I introduced a new quiet book in 2016 (check it out HERE and HERE by the end of February) and it (plus several of my bigger books) really took off during the Holiday season. 
p.s. If you go and check it out, just know that it's pretty sparse right now while I work on restocking it again on my own timeline.   :)

Because I spend so much of my sewing time working on things for my shop (which is the only reason I am able to keep my hobby fully funded), I have to document some of those numbers here too.  To prove to myself that I really did accomplish a lot last year.  ;)

Also - I tried out Amazon Handmade last year.  I like it, but once my free trial expires I will probably not continue selling on Amazon. :(  The fee schedule just doesn't work for the type/amount of products I create.  Etsy is still working great for me and keeps me JUST busy enough.  :)  For the record, about 15-20% of my sales in 2016 came from Amazon.

2016 Etsy/Amazon Shop Stats:

Total Orders:  81
Quilts: 4 (!) (2 puff quilts, 1 baby quilt, 1 custom order queen quilt)
Rummy Mats:  7
Patterns:  18
Baby Quiet Books:  27
My First Book of Colors:  7
Other Colors Books:  8
Other Quiet Books (Shapes, Letter Names):  9
Letters Quiet Book (all 26 letters):  1
Stockings:  2
Bibs:  9
Fabric Photo Books: 2
Microwave Bowl Cozies (custom order): 3

Most popular items based on views/faves:  Colors Button Book, My First Book of Colors, Shapes Book Pattern

One last thing - my most popular blog posts were these:
Quarter 1 Project List
Quilt Class Block 7: Flying Geese
Emily's Picture Perfect Baby Quilt
Diamonds in the Fire


You guys.  2017 is already turning out to be AWESOME.  I've created plan for keeping more on top of my shop this year during the slow months, and I've got tons of fun (and QUICK) quilt projects planned.  Plus, I'm going to teach myself a new skill this year - long arm quilting.  Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you had a great year! Congrats on your etsy shop sales. I like that you found your own niche and are doing so well. You will love long arm quilting! Can't wait to see how you progress this year with that goal.

    ReplyDelete